Applying to the Program
Please find the dates for our upcoming term here.
These are the instructions for new applicants. If you have been a part of the program before, you are now a returner -please follow here.
For a complete list of the necessary steps, please download our checklist. We ONLY accept online applications -no paper copies. Therefore please submit all of the following documents as PDF files titled: “LastName_FirstName_FormName.pdf”
- Acquaint yourself with the program and its commitment.
- Please fill out the Academic Associate Application. You will also need to attach:
- A copy of a government ID (driver’s license, passport, etc).
- Your most recent resume.
- After reading the Volunteer Handbook, please take the Volunteer Exam.
- Obtain two (2) letters of recommendation.
- If you are enrolled in a university, please have your dean or advisor fill out this form. This will count as one letter.
- The second letter should be a personal character reference. Please have the referrer submit the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Health Assessment Form.
- Complete your Human Subjects Research Certification. After registering:
- For Question 1: Select St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center as your participating institution.
- Question 6: No CME/CEU credits.
- Institutional Email: Use your personal or school email address.
- Place of Work: Emergency Department.
- Role in Research: Research Assistant.
- Course: Basic IRB Committee Course.
- You will need to save the certificate (example here) as a PDF to include with your application.
- Please fill out the EmSTAT Confidentiality Form.
- Please fill out the HIPAA Document.
- Please fill out the Shift Selection Form.
Have Questions? Take a look at our FAQs.
If you have a question that is not answered here or in our FAQs, please contact the Academic Associate Chiefs.